GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN (Part Time), Lowell Management Group
Lowell Management Group, Inc. (LMG) was established in 2017 to provide venue facility management, event promotion, marketing, and event booking expertise for public assembly facilities. Beginning on July 1, 2018, LMG took over operations of Lowell Memorial Auditorium, a historic 2,800-seat indoor auditorium venue located in the downtown district of Lowell, Massachusetts. The venue hosts a full calendar of live concerts, family shows, conferences, conventions, trade shows, corporate seminars, and much more throughout the year.
LMG is also the sister company of Spectacle Management, a full-service booking, marketing, and promotion company responsible for Lexington’s Cary Memorial Hall, Plymouth’s Plymouth Memorial Hall, and other small-to-medium sized venues throughout the state.
We are looking for a part-time Graphic Design Intern to join our LMG staff. This is a 300-hour unpaid internship, flexible to the applicant’s schedule and needs. If a college student, this internship may be counted as credit. We are looking to hire a candidate with the availability to begin this internship at the earliest possible starting date.
THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL
• Assist LMG’s Graphic Design Manager on a daily, project-by-project basis
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the official Lowell Memorial Auditorium and Spectacle Management websites, ensuring all information and graphics are relevant and up-to-date
• Have the ability to translate marketing concepts into viable design executions and campaign elements
• Demonstrate an outstanding proficiency in the use of the most recent versions of InDesign. Further proficiencies in Photoshop, Illustrator, and familiarity with Square Space are preferred.
• Create unique, engaging visuals for LMG and Spectacle Management social media pages
• Have excellent proofreading skills and be extremely detail-oriented
• Be able to thrive in a work environment built upon constructive criticism and workshopping
• Be able to meet hard deadlines in a fast-moving, constantly-evolving schedule
• Be a self-starter, and enjoy working independently as well as with a team
• Be able to clearly communicate design concepts to non-designers
• Perform other marketing-related duties as assigned
Candidates must demonstrate a strong portfolio of work (either professional or student work). This portfolio should demonstrate an outstanding proficiency in the use of InDesign. Further proficiencies in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Square Space are preferred.
Along with your resumé, please submit a portfolio site or PDF that includes recent examples of your design work, along with background information on your specific role in those projects, to email@example.com